Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

My Current Project

My current project is also my first project. I am working on "Guardian Angel" by Lavender and Lace designer Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum. I kinda bit off more than I could chew and should have started with something smaller and simpler.

I chose an angel because I am fond of biblical themes and this one really looked nice to me. I want to create things that will look pretty and be around for a while.

I have learned some hard lessons by starting off with something so difficult. I started off jumping way too far instead of just tieing off and starting in a new spot. In addition I was not doing all my stitches the same direction. But I am getting better as I go along. I want to pull some of my early stitches out and do them over. My wife thinks they look fine and to just keep going. I guess I am just a perfectionist. :-)

It sure is taking a long time. I have been working on this steady for over a month. My goal is to finish by new years but I am thinking this is an aggresive timeline.

Stay tuned for a picture of my work in progress. I know many stitchers don't like to show it until it is done but I'm going to anyway. I may even show the back. It is a mess!

Happy Stitching!

No comments: