Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Stitch All Weekend

My wife has agreed to let me stitch all day Saturday and Sunday of next weekend. Not this weekend but next weekend. I am so excited! I hope to make major progress on my WIP "Guardian Angel". She is so amazing and understanding!

I will also be watching as much College Football as my brain can absorb. I love this time of the year!! Since we turned off the cable, there aren't as many games to choose from but I should still be able to get in 8 hours of college football on Saturday and 8 hours of pro football on Sunday. Ok... I have men's church group on Sunday and maybe church...other than that...all cross stitch. Are you jealous? I don't blame you :-)

Go Oregon Ducks!!

2 comments:

Freddysmama (Kirstin) said...

LOL, Chris - welcome to the obsession :)

I popped over to read (and follow) your blog when I spotted you as a new follower to my blog.

I love to stitch while I'm watching motorsport in the evenings during the weekend. I'm an avid Formula 1 and MotoGP fan.

I hope you enjoyed your whole weekend of stitching.

Really enjoying reading your "what I'm learning" comments. Making sure you have enough fabric is not one we enjoy learning the hard way but I'm sure most of us have "been there, done that" at some point.

Just as a suggestion... you might just have enough fabric left around the edge to turn your guardian angel into a cushion or wall hanging instead of framing her...

Happy stitching Sir. I'll be watching your journey with interest :)

Kirstin (Stitchin' Addiction)

Chris said...

Kirstin,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I did enjoy about 50% of my available moments stitching. I wasn't able to participate in October IHSW but my amazing wife has ok'd November.

What bugs me about the fabric is that I was brand new to cross stitching at the time and the lady at the cross stitch store didn't notice I was going to use linen that was too small :-(

As a fellow fan of open-wheel racing...I wanted to mention... Dan Wheldon... Rest in Peace