Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Why Do I Love To Cross-Stitch?

Ok... I am totally hooked on cross stitching! While I try to maintain a balance of family time and cross stitch time, I just love to make those little stitches! What do I love about cross stitch?

I love watching the picture develop. In general, the progress is so slow, that the more I can stitch in one sitting the better.

I love it when the stitches are all identical and neat. Pretty little rows of stitches are a magical thing.

It helps calm my mind. I kind of go into a Zen state and it is very relaxing.

It engages me intellectually. I have to count carefully and plan my stitches. I am always thinking about how I can minimize the connecting threads and keep the front and back beautiful. I also want to avoid frogging if possible.

I enjoy looking at new projects to start. My eyes are definitely bigger than the time I have available to commit to cross stitching.

My goal is to make artistic, beautiful heirlooms. My hope is to create works that will stay on the wall. I feel good about giving them away to family and friends.

I am a perfectionist when it comes to cross stitch. This is definitely a pastime where there is always an opportunity to improve my technique and the appearance of my finished work. I read all the tips I can find.

Happy Stitching!

Chris

No comments: