Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

To Knot or Not to Knot?....Not!

Ok... I broke down and decided to try using beads instead of french knots. I bought some gold and black Mill Hill petite beads. Even though these beads are tiny I think they are still too large for the angel's eyes. We shall see...

I have been working on Guardian Angel from L&L. I am working on the white/cream colored lacy part of her dress. Can't wait to get that part done. I had been considering starting over but my faithful blog readers convinced me to finish and work out the spacing issues at the top. Thanks ladies!

I also have almost all of the supplies for Renissance Rose by Joan Elliott. I only need the floss now. Can't wait to start :-)


Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I have 4 days off.. woo hoo! I plan to get some real stitching done and watch the Lions and the Cowboys play football. Of course helping make dinner and doing dishes too :-)

Happy Stitching !!!!!

8 comments:

Joysze said...

Can't wait to see... hope the beads work out great!

Renaissance is pretty. I'm stitching The Musician for a friend next year, so I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on this one. :)

Lesleyanne said...

Look forward to seeing your progress. Happy Thanksgiving.

kate n said...

I love Joan Elliott's designs but am yet to finish one (I have only started one - the Geisha) but it is pretty close. I hope the beads work out for you, but as she only has two eyes - could your Mrs do them for you? Have a happy thanksgiving.

cucki said...

wow she is so beautiful..cant wait to see your progress on it..happy thanksgiving.

Kate said...

Your projects are beautiful! Have fun with your days off! :)

Anne said...

This is beautiful!! I love the border!! Can't wait to see you start her!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

I love that renaisance series! Such gorgeous colours.

Daffycat said...

Keep practising with those knots. You will get the hang of them. Trust me ~ if I can do it anyone can. I am naturally all thumbs so it took me a long time to get comfortable with Frenchies. But don't ask me to do a neat Lazy Daisy!!!